As of January 15, 2016, the Colorectal Surgery (CRS) Residency Training Program at OSU received initial accreditation from ACGME thus becoming the latest ACGME-accredited surgical residency on campus. We then received Continued Accreditation with the ACGME on April 13th, 2018. The CRS Residency Training Program is a one year curriculum in CRS preparing the trainee for clinical practice whether in an academic setting (research/teaching) or the private sector. This residency follows the completion of an ACGME-accredited General Surgery (GS) Residency Training Program. The expectation is for the trainee to ultimately pass the qualifying and certifying examinations and become a diplomate of both the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery
Dr. Mark Arnold, MD
Recent Fellow Placement
Jason Weiss, MD Phoenix - Biltmore Cancer Center Phoenix Arizona
Recent Fellow Publications
1. Surgical management of functional constipation: An intermediate report of a new approach using a laparoscopic sigmoid resection combined with malone appendicostomy.
2. Are Senna based laxatives safe when used as long term treatment for constipation in children?
3. Challenges in Transition of Care for Patients With Anorectal Malformations: A Systematic Review and Recommendations for Comprehensive Care.
4. Does clinic visit education within a multidisciplinary center improve health literacy scores in caregivers of children with complex colorectal conditions?
5. Gynecologic anatomic abnormalities following anorectal malformations repair.
6. Surgical Management of Functional Constipation: Preliminary Report of a New Approach Using a Laparoscopic Sigmoid Resection Combined with a Malone Appendicostomy.
7. Hirschsprung Disease: Recommendations for Transition from Pediatric to Adult Multidisciplinary Care.
Syed Husain, MD
Number of Positions Offered:
Next Scheduled (Self-Study) Visit
Case Numbers – Past Five Years
|Low Anterior Resection||n/a||n/a||n/a||45||42|
|Proctocolectomy w/Ileoanal Reservoir||n/a||n/a||n/a||12||n/a|
|Prolapse Repair Total||n/a||n/a||n/a||12||13|
|Prolapse Repair Abdominal||N/A||N/A||N/A||4||6|
|Prolapse Repair Perineal||N/A||N/A||N/A||8||7|
|Abdominal Procedure Total||N/A||N/A||N/A||262||225|
|Pelvic Floor Evaluation||n/a||n/a||n/a||28||15|
|Endoscopy/Pelvic Floor Total||n/a||n/a||n/a||279||221|
|Endorectal Advancement Flap||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Fecal Incontinence Procedures||N/A||N/A||N/A||10||2|
|Anorectoal Procedure Total||N/A||N/A||N/A||165||123|